Carrot-Pumpkin Bars with Orange Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, orange peel, baking soda, and salt. Set the flour mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and brown sugar. Stir in pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla. Then stir in carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread with Orange Icing; cut into triangles or bars. If desired, garnish each with a walnut half. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 36 bars.
For Orange Icing:
- In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and enough of the orange liqueur or orange juice to make an icing that is easy to drizzle.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake bars as directed; cool completely. Do not drizzle with icing. Place cut bars in a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month. Before serving, thaw for 15 minutes. Prepare Orange Icing and drizzle as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot-Pumpkin Bars with Orange Icing)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 63 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.