- Yields: 25 sandwich cookies
- Prep: 45 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F per batch
Caramel Sandwich Cookies
teaspoon fine sea salt
cup pecan pieces
cup unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut up
recipe Shortcut Caramel Filling
ounces white chocolate baking squares (with cocoa butter), chopped, or white baking pieces
- In a food processor combine sugar and salt. Cover and process until fine and powdery. Add pecans; cover and process until finely ground. Add butter and vanilla; cover and process with on/off pulses until the butter is smooth. Add flour; cover and process just until a soft dough begins to form around the blade. Remove dough from processor and knead briefly to evenly mix.
- Shape dough into a 12x2-1/2 inch rectangle. Wrap and chill rectangle about 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut rectangle into about 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden, rotating pans from front to back about halfway through baking time. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
- Spread Shortcut Caramel Filling onto the bottom sides of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave white baking chocolate, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip one end of each sandwich cookie into melted chocolate. Place cookies on waxed paper. Let stand until chocolate is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfilled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies, if frozen. Assemble sandwich cookies as directed in Step 4.
Shortcut Caramel Filling
cup whipping cream
- In a small saucepan combine caramels and whipping cream; cook and stir over low heat until just melted. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel Sandwich Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 81 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChocolate Cakes, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Sandwich Cookie Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts