Caramel Apple Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat shortening and the 1 1/4 cups brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add egg; beat 1 minute. Add apple juice; beat at low speed until blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Fold in apple and raisins.
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Heat margarine, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and water over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in sifted powdered sugar. If frosting begins to harden, stir in small amount of fat-free milk to make of spreading consistency. Spread cookies with Caramel Frosting and sprinkle with walnuts. Makes about 72.
- Freeze unfrosted cookies up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel Apple Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 63 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 32 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Bianca Martin 1017 Days Ago
Although it looked a bit funny how the texture changed when I added the apple juice, I love them! Very light and just sweet enough. I say the frosting is optional! I make some with and some without! Worth the try!