- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melted semisweet chocolate (optional)
- Crushed peppermint candies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Form the mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
2. On an ungreased cookie sheet, pat or roll the dough into an 8-inch circle. Using your fingers, press to make a scalloped edge. Using fluted pastry wheel, cut circle into 16 wedges, leaving circle shape intact.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottom starts to brown and center is set. Cut circle into wedges again while warm. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
4. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Makes 16 shortbread wedges.
- cal. (kcal) 97,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 15,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 58,
- Starch () 12,
- Fat () 112,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet