- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup finely crushed butter mints (about 1 cup mints)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the crushed mints and the powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in the water and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack.
3. Place the remaining crushed mints in a plastic bag. Add warm cookies, a few at a time, shaking gently to coat. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes about 36 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.