Brandied Cranberry-Apricot Bars
- In a 4-cup glass measure or microwave-safe mixing bowl combine raisins, cranberries, apricots, and brandy or water. Cover with mircrowave-safe plastic wrap; turn back a corner to vent. Cook in a microwave oven on high for 2 minutes. (Or, place fruit and brandy in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.) Let stand for 20 minutes; drain.
- For crust, in a medium mixing bowl stir together the 1 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 4 minutes; stir in the 1 cup brown sugar, the 1/2 cup flour, and vanilla just until combined. Add drained fruits and pecans; stir to mix. Pour fruit mixture over baked crust; spread evenly.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To serve, cut into squares. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 48 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Brandied Cranberry-Apricot Bars)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 42 mg chol.,
- 72 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet