- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, and cornmeal. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in sage. Add milk. Stir with fork to combine; form into ball. Knead until smooth; divide in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 14-inch thickness. Using 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out dough.
- Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack. Cool.
- Spread bottoms of half the cookies with spreadable fruit. Top with remaining cookies. Makes 20 sandwich cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days. Or freeze unfilled cookies up to 3 months. Thaw cookies; fill with spreadable fruit.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot-Sage Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 123 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 35 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 4 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet