- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 15 ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (2 crusts)
- 2 medium baking apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let piecrusts stand according to package directions. In a medium bowl, combine apples, toffee pieces, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt. Set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll one piecrust at a time. Using a round 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out dough. Reroll scraps once to cut enough additional rounds to make 24 total. Press dough rounds into 24 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the apple mixture into each cup.
3. Bake in the preheated oven about 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove from muffin cups and cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. Makes 24 tartlets.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.