- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1 cup butter (no substitute)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- blanched whole almonds
1. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, and ground almonds. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Shape into a ball and knead until smooth. Divide the dough in half.
2. On an ungreased cookie sheet pat or roll half of the dough into a 9x5-inch rectangle. Repeat with other half of dough.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottom of the dough just starts to turn brown. Cool about 5 minutes. While the shortbread is still warm, cut each rectangle into 3x1 inch sticks; cool on a wire rack.
4. In a small heavy saucepan melt chocolate and shortening together over low heat, stirring occasionally. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate mixture. Place an almond on the center of each glazed half. Place cookies on waxed paper and let stand until chocolate is set. (Or, refrigerate cookies about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.) Makes about 40 cookies.
- cal. (kcal) 110,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 48,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet