- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 17.3ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (2 sheets)
- 1 12 1/2ounce can almond pastry and dessert filling
- 1 1/2 cups white baking pieces
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold pastry sheets onto a work surface. Cut each sheet lengthwise into two rectangles (four rectangles total). Using a fork, generously prick pastry rectangles all over.
2. Spread the almond filling (about 1/4 cup each) over rectangles, spreading to within 3/4 inch of the edges. Top evenly with the white baking pieces and almonds. Brush edges of rectangles with water. Fold each rectangle in half lengthwise; gently press edges with fork to seal. Place rectangles 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer rectangles to a wire rack; let cool for at least 4 hours. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 12 strips.
- Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.