Collard Greens with Lemon, Farro, and Feta
bunch collard greens, mustard greens, or Swiss chard (about 12 ounces)
cup semi-pearled farro
tablespoon olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (2 ounces)
cup snipped fresh parsley
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Remove and discard thick stems from collard greens. Chop leaves into bite-size pieces (you should have about 8 cups). In a Dutch oven cook collard greens in boiling water about 7 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer greens to a bowl of ice water for 1 minute; drain and set aside.
- Stir farro into the boiling water. Cook about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
- In the same Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in collard greens, farro, and salt; heat through. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Divide greens mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Collard Greens with Lemon, Farro, and Feta)
- Per serving:
- 115 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 368 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet