- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup snipped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (set aside)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 16 ounce frozen sweet roll dough, thawed*
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Orange Icing
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Grease foil; set baking sheet aside. In a medium bowl, stir together dried cranberries and orange juice; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x9-inch rectangle (if dough is difficult to roll, let it rest for a few minutes before rolling again). Brush with 2 teaspoons of the melted butter.
3. Drain cranberries, discarding juice. Return cranberries to bowl. Stir in brown sugar, pecans, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange peel. Sprinkle cranberry mixture over dough, leaving 1 inch unfilled along one of the long sides. Roll up rectangle, starting from the filled long side. Pinch dough to seal seam. Place rolled rectangle, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Bring ends together to form a circle. Moisten ends with water; pinch together to seal circle.
4. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut from the outside edge toward center, leaving about 1 inch attached. Repeat around the edge, spacing the cuts 1 inch apart. Gently turn each slice slightly so the same sides of all slices face upward. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours).
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush tea ring with the remaining 1 teaspoon melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from foil. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Orange Icing.
- Prepare and bake as directed, except do not drizzle with Orange Icing. Wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Before serving, drizzle with icing.
- Let dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight before making tea ring.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice to reach drizzling consistency.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 143,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 154,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet