Coconut-Pecan Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour and sour cream, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Sprinkle half of the Coconut-Pecan Topping in the prepared pan. Spoon half of the batter in mounds over the coconut mixture; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining Coconut-Pecan Topping. Spoon on remaining batter, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothipck inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack. If desired, dust cake with a mixture of powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except omit chocolate pieces and coconut in the Coconut-Pecan Topping and increase pecans to 1 cup.
Per piece: 507 cal., 27 g total fat (13 g sat. fat), 86 mg chol., 283 mg sodium, 63 mg carbo., 2 g fiber, 6 g pro.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in semisweet chocolate pieces, flaked coconut, and chopped pecans.
Nutrition Facts(Coconut-Pecan Coffee Cake)
- Per serving:
- 550 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 297 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 43 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet