- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted*
- Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
1. Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil; grease foil. Set aside.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine candy coating, white chocolate, and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in nuts and lime peel. Pour chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread mixture evenly in a layer about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the coconut and, if desired, additional lime peel; lightly press into chocolate mixture.
3. Chill candy about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy. Cut or break into pieces.
- To toast coconut, spread it in an even layer in a shallow pan. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice. Watch closely as coconut can burn quickly.
- Layer candy between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings Per Recipe 20,
- cal. (kcal) 187,
- Fat, total (g) 14,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 14,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 15,
- Potassium (mg) 47,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet