- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl beat egg with a fork; stir in coconut milk and melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in 1 cup of toasted flaked coconut.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into prepared pan. Spoon half of the 3/4 cup marmalade over batter. Repeat with remaining batter and marmalade, ending with batter. Using a thin metal spatula or table knife, swirl the marmalade through the bread.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap with plastic wrap; store at room temperature overnight before slicing.
- Before slicing, brush top of loaf with 1 Tbsp. melted marmalade. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup toasted coconut.
From the Test Kitchen
Spoon marmalade into a 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on 100 percent power, stirring every 30 seconds until marmalade is a spoonable consistency. (If softening only 1 to 2 Tbsp. of marmalade, heat just 20 to 30 seconds.)
To toast, place coconut in a shallow baking pan. Toast in a 350 degrees F oven 5 to 7 minutes or until it starts to brown, stirring once. Watch carefully, coconut can quickly go from golden to burned.
Nutrition Facts(Coconut-Lime Bread)
- Per serving:
- 292 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 214 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet