Coconut Chicken Curry Stew
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
cups chopped carrots (6 medium)
cups coarsely chopped onions (2 large)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup unsweetened light coconut milk
tablespoon curry powder
cup snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoon lemon juice
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until light brown. Drain off fat
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker layer carrots, chicken, onions, garlic, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl whisk together broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Pour over the mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts(Coconut Chicken Curry Stew)
- Per serving:
- 174 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 478 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet