Coconut and Sweet Potato Crusted Shrimp with Honey-Papaya Dipping Sauce
fresh or frozen large shrimp (12 ounces)
of a medium papaya, peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 cup)
teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
tablespoons lime juice
teaspoon cayenne pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
tablespoons packaged instant mashed sweet potatoes
cup flaked coconut
cups packaged European mixed salad greens
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. For honey-papaya dipping sauce, in a food processor or blender combine papaya, honey, lime peel, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth; set aside.
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow dish combine instant potatoes and coconut. Place flour in a second shallow dish. In a third shallow dish lightly beat egg.
- Dip shrimp in flour, turning to coat; dip in egg, turning to coat. Dip in the potato-coconut mixture, turning and pressing to coat. Place on prepared baking pan. Coat shrimp with cooking spray.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until coating is golden brown and shrimp are opaque.
- Divide greens among four salad plates. Place four shrimp on greens on each plate. Serve with honey-papaya dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Coconut and Sweet Potato Crusted Shrimp with Honey-Papaya Dipping Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 232 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 154 mg chol.,
- 610 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet