- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
cups sliced fresh strawberries
cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen unsweetened sliced rhubarb
cup granulated sugar
tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
cup crushed shortbread cookies (about 12 cookies or 3 ounces)
cup all-purpose flour
tablespoons packed brown sugar
Lemon Custard Ice Cream (see recipe, page xxx) (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine strawberries, rhubarb, granulated sugar, quick-cooking tapioca, and salt. (If using frozen fruit, let mixture stand for 20 minutes or until fruit is partially thawed but still icy.) In a 2-quart disposable foil pan place the fruit mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil.
2. For topping in a small bowl combine crushed shortbread, flour, and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
3. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Test for medium heat over center of grill. Place foil pan on rack in the center of grill. Cover; grill for 30 minutes. Uncover pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit mixture in foil pan. Cover grill; cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until mixture is bubbly and fruit has thickened. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place foil pan on grill rack over burner that is unlit. Grill as above.) Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
4. Serve with Lemon Custard Ice Cream, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6 servings
- Total Fat (g)8
- Saturated Fat (g)3,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g)3,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1,
- Cholesterol (mg)13,
- Sodium (mg)193,
- Carbohydrate (g)47,
- Total Sugar (g)30,
- Fiber (g)3,
- Protein (g)3,
- Vitamin C (DV%)76,
- Calcium (DV%)6,
- Iron (DV%)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet