Grilled Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler with Shortbread Crumb Topper
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, rhubarb, granulated sugar, quick-cooking tapioca, and salt. (If using frozen fruit, let mixture stand for 20 minutes or until fruit is partially thawed but still icy.) In a 2-quart disposable foil pan place the fruit mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- For topping in a small bowl combine crushed shortbread, flour, and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Test for medium heat over center of grill. Place foil pan on rack in the center of grill. Cover; grill for 30 minutes. Uncover pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit mixture in foil pan. Cover grill; cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until mixture is bubbly and fruit has thickened. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place foil pan on grill rack over burner that is unlit. Grill as above.) Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serve with Lemon Custard Ice Cream, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler with Shortbread Crumb Topper)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 193 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet