Classic Taco Salad
- For tortilla bowls, wrap tortillas in foil. Warm in a 350 degrees oven for 10 minutes. Coat four 10-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully press 1 tortilla into each cup. Bake in the 350 degrees oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool; remove from custard cups.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef, onion, and garlic until beef is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Stir tomato sauce, vinegar, cumin, and crushed red pepper into skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place tortillas on 4 serving plates. Line tortillas with lettuce. Spoon beef mixture into tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, sweet pepper, if desired, and tomatoes.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare tortilla bowls. Place in large freezer container with paper towels between bowls and crumpled around sides to protect the shells. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Classic Taco Salad)
- Per serving:
- 297 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 575 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet