Classic Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together 2/3 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish.
- For topping, in a medium bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm. If desired, top with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
For fresh rhubarb, use 2 teaspoons cornstarch; for frozen rhubarb, use 3 teaspoons cornstarch.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Classic Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 144 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 37 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet