- Makes: 48 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (and old-fashioned sugar variation)
- Yields: about 48 cookies
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 1 hr
- Bake: 10 mins 375°F per batch
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1-1/2 cups sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies:
Prepare as directed, except omit cinnamon and roll balls in 1/4 cup sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Classic Snickerdoodles)
- Per serving:
- 94 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 69 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet