- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 350°
cups bite-sized tortilla chips (6 ounces)
pound ground beef
15 ounce can black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
cup bottled chunky salsa
cups shredded cheddar, Colby Jack, or Mexican cheese blend (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange half of the tortilla chips on an 11- or 12-inch ovenproof platter or pizza pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir the black beans and the 1 cup salsa into the beef. Spoon half of the mixture over chips. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven. Top with remaining chips, beef mixture, and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- If desired, top with green onion, cilantro, jalapeno chile pepper, sour cream, and/or additional salsa.
Nutrition Facts (Classic Nachos)
- Per serving:
- 368 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 61 mg chol.,
- 638 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet