Upload your photo here.
Citrus and Scallops Supper
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. For orange salad, in a medium bowl toss together oranges, onion, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Prepare Quinoa with Raisins and Pine Nuts; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat another 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and garlic; cook and stir about 3 minutes or just until pepper is tender. Add spinach. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or just until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Add butter and the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to the skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add scallops to hot butter mixture. Sprinkle scallops with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Cook about 4 minutes or until lightly browned and opaque, turning once. Serve scallops with orange salad, Quinoa with Raisins and Pine Nuts, and spinach mixture. Serve with glasses of milk.
From the Test Kitchen
Quinoa with Raisins and Pine Nuts:
In a small saucepan bring 1 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth to boiling; stir in 2/3 cup quinoa. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Stir in 2 tablespoons golden raisins and 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus and Scallops Supper)
- Per serving:
- 490 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 56 mg chol.,
- 850 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet