Cinnamon-Orange Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until dry and lightly toasted; cool slightly.
- Grease a 2-quart rectangular or square baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, granulated sugar, melted butter, orange peel, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in bread cubes until moistened. Transfer bread mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for icing, in a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice until smooth. Beat in enough of the remaining orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency. To serve, drizzle icing over warm bread pudding.
From the Test Kitchen
For pumpkin bread, use a 1-pound loaf from a bakery, bake a loaf from a mix, or bake a loaf from scratch. Then taste your pumpkin bread before determining the amount of pumpkin pie spice you want to use.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon-Orange Pumpkin Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 89 mg chol. ,
- 393 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.