Upload your photo here.
- In a small bowl stir coffee crystals into the hot water until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, the 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and coffee mixture until combined. Beat in flour on low speed until combined. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line the cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon. For each cookie, shape 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Roll ball in sugar mixture to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Prepare and bake cookies as directed. Spread cinnamon ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies, using 3 tablespoons ice cream for each cookie. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Press together lightly. Wrap each sandwich cookie in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Makes about 18 sandwich cookies.
Nutrition per Serving: 292 calories, 3 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate, 14 g total fat (97 g sat. fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 26 g total sugar, 7% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin C, 150 mg sodium, 6% calcium, 6% iron
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon-Coffee Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 67 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet