Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Custards
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease four 6- to 8-ounce ramekins or custard cups; place in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place diced carrots in a medium saucepan; cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place carrots in a food processor. Cover and process about 20 seconds or until smooth. Add eggs, brown sugar, milk, and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth.
- Divide carrot mixture evenly among prepared ramekins. Place baking pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into the baking pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Chill within 2 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
The sweetness and flavor of carrots can vary widely, so find a producer that you like at your farmer's market and stock up.
Icon: gluten free, vegetarian
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Custards)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 93 mg chol.,
- 79 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet