- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add almond paste, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8-inch roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Chill about 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If necessary, reshape rolls to make them round. Using a serrated knife, cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and centers are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon-Almond Slices)
- Per serving:
- 72 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 59 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet