Chocolaty Zucchini Loaf Cake
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, brown sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder and espresso powder (if using).
- Add the dry ingredients all at once to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 55 to 65 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center of the bread comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and allow bread to cool for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, wrap and let stand overnight before serving.
- To serve, spoon Ganache over loaf and serve with Coffee Whipped Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup whipping cream just to simmering. Remove from heat; add 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces. Let stand 5 minutes (do not stir). Stir until smooth. Let cool about 1 hour or until spreadable. Spoon over cake. Makes 1 cup.
Coffee Whipped Cream:
In a large bowl beat 1 cup whipping cream, 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder, and 2 tablespoons sugar with a large whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve with cake. Makes 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolaty Zucchini Loaf Cake)
- Per serving:
- 435 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 256 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet