Chocolaty Caramel-Nut Smore Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the crushed chocolate wafer cookies and butter. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool crust in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan heat and stir caramel bits and cream until caramel is melted and smooth. Pour caramel mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
If you cannot locate caramel baking bits, substitute a 14-ounce package of vanilla caramels, unwrapped, and increase the whipping cream to 1/3 cup.
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolaty Caramel-Nut Smore Bars)
- Per serving:
- 237 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 163 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet