- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 325°F
Orange-Chocolate Bread Pudding
cups 1-inch cubes French or Italian bread
ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread bread cubes evenly in the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and chocolate. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted, whisking frequently. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, orange peel, vanilla, and salt. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. Pour evenly over bread in dish. Press down lightly with a rubber spatula or the back of a large spoon to moisten all of the bread.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until evenly puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Chocolate Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 434 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 226 mg chol.,
- 351 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet