Mint-Chocolate Cream Puffs
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick coating. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine the water and margarine or butter. Bring to boiling. Add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Drop the mixture into 8 mounds, about 3 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Split puffs and remove any soft dough from inside. Cool well on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, prepare the pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in peppermint extract. Cover the surface of pudding with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the bottom half of each cream puff. Top with the sliced strawberries. Replace the tops. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh mint. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
After adding the flour, stir the dough vigorously until the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Cool as directed. Add the eggs, one at a time. After each addition, use a wooden spoon to beat the dough until it is smooth.
Nutrition Facts(Mint-Chocolate Cream Puffs)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 53 mg chol.,
- 225 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet