- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light color corn syrup
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1 cup milk chocolate pieces, white baking pieces, or semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Toasted coconut, nonpareils, and/or finely chopped pecans (optional)
1. In large food processor bowl, combine cookies and the 3/4 cup pecans. Cover and process with on/off turns until cookies are crushed. Add orange liqueur, cocoa powder, and corn syrup. Cover and process until combined.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet; insert a lollipop stick into each ball. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, stir chocolate pieces and shortening over medium-low heat just until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Spoon the melted chocolate over cookies. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut, nonpareils, and/or finely chopped pecans. Loosely cover and chill about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. If pops contain orange liqueur, the flavor will mellow in a few days.
- Place pops in a single layer in airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.