- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13 ounce jar (about 1-1/4 cups) chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur or vanilla
- 2/3 cup halved hazelnuts (filberts), toasted*
- Finely or coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts (filberts)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a heavy medium saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and unsweetened chocolate. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool slightly. Stir in liqueur or vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl; cover and chill about 3 hours or until firm.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. For each truffle, form about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture around 1 toasted hazelnut half to make a 3/4-inch ball. Roll in chopped toasted nuts or cocoa powder.
3. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for several weeks or freezer up to 3 months. Makes 120 candies.
- Place nuts in a skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring or shaking skillet often for 7 to 10 minutes or until skins begin to flake and nuts are light golden brown. Watch carefully to avoid overbrowning. Remove nuts from skillet and place on a clean kitchen towel. When hazelnuts are cool enough to handle, rub the nuts together in the towel, removing as much of the brown skin as possible.
- Servings Per Recipe 120,
- cal. (kcal) 46,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 1,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 7,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet