Grilled Pound Cake with Espresso Chocolate Sauce
- In a very small bowl, combine boiling water and espresso powder. Set aside.
For chocolate sauce:
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup whipping cream and the corn syrup. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in espresso mixture. Add chocolate all at once. Let mixture stand, covered, for 4 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- Cut pound cake into eight 3/4-inch-thick slices.* Poke each slice several times with the tines of a fork. Drizzle orange juice evenly over cake slices.
- For a charcoal grill, place cake slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes or until toasted and heated through, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place cake slices on grill rack over heat. Grill, uncovered, as above.)
- Serve grilled cake slices with whipped cream, pistachio nuts, and chocolate sauce. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If the prepared pound cake is larger than 16 ounces, save the leftover cake for another use.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Pound Cake with Espresso Chocolate Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 594 kcal cal.,
- 43 g fat
- (25 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 199 mg chol.,
- 249 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 32 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet