- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 8 ounces special dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 16 ounce loaf prepared or frozen pound cake*, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice or 2 tablespoons orange juice with 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped, or 2 cups frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
1. In a very small bowl, combine boiling water and espresso powder. Set aside.For chocolate sauce::
2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup whipping cream and the corn syrup. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in espresso mixture. Add chocolate all at once. Let mixture stand, covered, for 4 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cover to keep warm.
3. Cut pound cake into eight 3/4-inch-thick slices.* Poke each slice several times with the tines of a fork. Drizzle orange juice evenly over cake slices.
4. For a charcoal grill, place cake slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes or until toasted and heated through, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place cake slices on grill rack over heat. Grill, uncovered, as above.)
5. Serve grilled cake slices with whipped cream, pistachio nuts, and chocolate sauce. Makes 8 servings.
- If the prepared pound cake is larger than 16 ounces, save the leftover cake for another use.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 594,
- Fat, total (g) 43,
- chol. (mg) 199,
- sat. fat (g) 25,
- carb. (g) 52,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 14,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 32,
- pro. (g) 7,
- sodium (mg) 249,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet