Frozen Chocolate Nougat Mousse
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan combine gelatin and milk. Let stand 5 minutes. Add egg yolks, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon (160 degree F), about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over finely chopped chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir to incorporate chocolate throughout the mixture. Stir in vanilla. Place in freezer; chill for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens and cools, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place six 3-ounce souffle dishes on a tray (or use 6-ounce dessert dishes and do not add collars). Cut 6, 12x6 inches pieces of aluminum foil. Fold lengthwise in thirds to form 12x2-inch strips. Wrap each collar tightly around the souffle dishes with one edge extending 1 inch above the top of the dishes. Secure with tape. Place in freezer to chill.
- Beat chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). In a small bowl beat the remaining 3/4 cup cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream and nougat candy or almond toffee pieces into chocolate mixture.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly among the chilled souffle dishes, filling to 1/2 to 1 inch over the top of each dish. Cover and freeze until firm, 3 to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove tape and gently peel away collars. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Frozen Chocolate Nougat Mousse)
- Per serving:
- 395 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 212 mg chol.,
- 53 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet