- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 recipe Butter Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting" or Banana Split "Frosting"
- 1 package 2-layer-size desired flavor cake mix
1. Prepare and freeze desired ice cream "frosting." Meanwhile, line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups or lightly grease muffin cups; set aside.
2. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes using prepared muffin cups. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
3. Remove paper bake cups, if using, from 12 of the cupcakes. Save remaining cupcakes for another use. Place the 12* cupcakes on serving plates or in shallow bowls. Top each cupcake as directed in the "frosting" recipes below. Serve immediately. Makes 12 topped cupcakes.
- Assemble only as many desserts as you are serving. Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cupcakes before assembling.
- 12 scoops butter-pecan ice cream
- 3/4 cup caramel-flavor ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a 2- to 3-inch-diameter ice cream scoop, drop 12 scoops of ice cream onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours. To serve, place a scoop of ice cream on each cupcake. Top with caramel topping and pecans.
- Prepare Butter-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting" as directed, except substitute strawberry or banana split ice cream for the butter-pecan ice cream. Serve as directed, except top with 3/4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping instead of the caramel topping and sprinkle with 1 cup chopped bananas and 3/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts instead of the pecans.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 437,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 65,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 58,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (IU) 97,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 393,
- calcium (mg) 162,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet