Easy Topped Cupcakes
Butter pecan ice cream becomes the frosting on simply made cake mix cupcakes. It's an easy summer dessert that is dressed up with your favorite sundae toppings.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Freeze: 4 hrs
- Prepare and freeze desired ice cream "frosting." Meanwhile, line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups or lightly grease muffin cups; set aside.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes using prepared muffin cups. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Remove paper bake cups, if using, from 12 of the cupcakes. Save remaining cupcakes for another use. Place the 12* cupcakes on serving plates or in shallow bowls. Top each cupcake as directed in the "frosting" recipes below. Serve immediately. Makes 12 topped cupcakes.
Assemble only as many desserts as you are serving. Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cupcakes before assembling.
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a 2- to 3-inch-diameter ice cream scoop, drop 12 scoops of ice cream onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours. To serve, place a scoop of ice cream on each cupcake. Top with caramel topping and pecans.
Prepare Butter-Pecan Ice Cream "Frosting" as directed, except substitute strawberry or banana split ice cream for the butter-pecan ice cream. Serve as directed, except top with 3/4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping instead of the caramel topping and sprinkle with 1 cup chopped bananas and 3/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts instead of the pecans.
- 437 kcal cal.;
- 21 g Fat, total;
- 65 mg chol.;
- 5 g sat. fat;
- 58 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 6 g pro.;
- 1 mg iron;
- 162 mg calcium;
- 97 IU vit. A;
- 393 mg sodium;
- 0 mg vit. C
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet