- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 20 - 24 plastic spoons
- 6 ounces white baking bar
1. In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
2. In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up.
3. Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar. Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
4. Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up. Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks. Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
- You will need matching teacup and saucer, coffee beans, gold-tasseled cord, cellophane bags, and thin gold ribbon.
- Fill the cup with the beans. Place on the saucer. Place a pair of chocolate spoons on top of the cup. Arrange tasseled cord around the base of the cup. Wrap extra spoons in cellophane bags; tie with gold ribbon.
- Wrap cellophane packages of spoons with gold curling ribbon to add even more cheer.
- cal. (kcal) 75,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 8,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet