Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
For gifting, these chocolate-dipped spoons are delightfully delicious to stir into coffee or hot chocolate.
- Yields: 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 1 hr 30 mins
- In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up.
- Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar. Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
- Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up. Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks. Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
You will need matching teacup and saucer, coffee beans, gold-tasseled cord, cellophane bags, and thin gold ribbon.
Fill the cup with the beans. Place on the saucer. Place a pair of chocolate spoons on top of the cup. Arrange tasseled cord around the base of the cup. Wrap extra spoons in cellophane bags; tie with gold ribbon.
Wrap cellophane packages of spoons with gold curling ribbon to add even more cheer.
- Per serving:
- 75 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 8 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet