- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 medium ripe nectarines or peaches
- 1/2 10 - 3/4ounce fresh or frozen pound cake
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 6 whole strawberries, stemmed
1. For sauce, melt chocolate pieces and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the sugar. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook and stir over low heat for 8 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Remove pits from nectarines or peaches; cut fruit into wedges. Cut the pound cake and bananas into 1-inch chunks. Alternately thread the peaches or nectarines, cake, and bananas on six 12-inch-long skewers. Add one strawberry to each skewer.
3. Grill kabobs about 5 minutes or until cake is toasted, turning once.
4. To serve, push fruit and cake from skewers onto dessert plates. Drizzle with the warm chocolate sauce. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 445,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 7,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 66,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (RE) 196,
- vit. C (mg) 13,
- sodium (mg) 216,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet