Chocolate Mousse with Sauce
cup raspberry jam
tablespoon raspberry liqueur or orange juice
ounces semisweet chocolate
ounce bittersweet chocolate
tablespoon brandy or orange juice
cups whipping cream
Chocolate curls or grated chocolate
- In a small saucepan heat the jam over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberry liqueur or orange juice; set aside to cool completely.
- In another small saucepan heat chocolates over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the honey, brandy or orange juice, and 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream until well combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- In a chilled, large mixing bowl beat the remaining whipping cream until stiff peaks just form. Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set aside. Stir 1/2 cup of the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold remaining whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into 6 stemmed wine glasses or dessert dishes. Top with reserved whipped cream. Spoon cooled raspberry sauce over and top with chocolate curls. Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For chocolate curls, slowly draw a vegetable peeler across the edge of a bar of semisweet or milk chocolate. It works best if chocolate is at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate Mousse with Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 584 kcal cal.,
- 43 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 137 mg chol.,
- 51 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 34 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet