Chocolate Mousse with Sauce
- In a small saucepan heat the jam over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberry liqueur or orange juice; set aside to cool completely.
- In another small saucepan heat chocolates over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the honey, brandy or orange juice, and 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream until well combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- In a chilled, large mixing bowl beat the remaining whipping cream until stiff peaks just form. Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set aside. Stir 1/2 cup of the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold remaining whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into 6 stemmed wine glasses or dessert dishes. Top with reserved whipped cream. Spoon cooled raspberry sauce over and top with chocolate curls. Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For chocolate curls, slowly draw a vegetable peeler across the edge of a bar of semisweet or milk chocolate. It works best if chocolate is at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Mousse with Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 584 kcal cal.,
- 43 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 137 mg chol.,
- 51 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 34 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet