For an elegant dessert try this chocolaty mousse recipe topped with cocoa-flavored whipped cream.
- Place the 2 ounces malted milk balls in large resealable plastic bag and finely crush with rolling pin. Set aside.
- For mousse, in small saucepan heat milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate with 1/4 cup of the whipping cream over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in malted milk powder, liqueur, and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- In large chilled mixing bowl with chilled beaters beat 1-3/4 cups whipping cream to stiff peaks (peaks stand straight). Stir about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into melted chocolate mixture; fold chocolate mixture back into remaining whipped cream. Fold in crushed malted milk balls. Spoon into 1-1/2- to 2-quart dish or 8 to 10 small bowls or glasses. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 24 hours.
- In medium chilled bowl combine remaining 1 cup whipping cream, sugar, and cocoa powder; beat to soft peaks. Spoon on mousse. Top with malted milk balls. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Malted Mousse)
- Per serving:
- 520 kcal cal.,
- 43 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 127 mg chol.,
- 90 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet