- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 45 mins to 50 mins 350°F
- Cool: 1 hr 45 mins
- For crust, in a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers and butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1-3/4 inches up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
- In a small heavy saucepan combine the semi-sweet chocolate and the unsweetened chocolate; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. With mixer running, slowly add melted chocolate, beating on low speed until combined. Add eggs all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in milk.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place in a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Chocolate Cheesecake as directed, except, for hazelnut crust, omit chocolate waters and butter. Using 2 teaspoons butter, grease bottom and 1-3/4 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Press 1 cup toasted, finely ground hazelnuts or almonds on the bottom and 1-3/4 inches up the sides of the greased springform pan. Cover; chill. For filling, prepare as directed, except decrease milk to 1 tablespoon and stir in 3 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur with the milk at the end. If desired, top the cooled cheesecake with fresh strawberries.
White Chocolate Cheesecake:
Prepare Chocolate Cheesecake as directed, except substitute new 6-ounce package white baking bars, melted and cooled, for all of the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate squares. (To melt white baking bars, heat and stir constantly over extra-low heat.)
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 480 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 148 mg chol.,
- 341 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet