- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 14 ounce can (1-1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 - 12 1/2ounce container caramel ice cream topping
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- Assorted dippers, such as angel food or pound cake cubes, large marshmallows, dried apricots, or fresh fruit including strawberries, banana slices, and/or pineapple chunks
1. In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker stir together sweetened condensed milk, ice cream topping, and chocolate.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting, if available, for 2 hours. Stir until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on low-heat setting for up to 1 hour (chocolate mixture will become grainy if held longer).
3. To serve, spear dippers with fondue forks. Dip into chocolate mixture, swirling as you dip. If the mixture thickens, stir in a little warm milk to make fondue of desired consistency. Makes 12 servings (3-1/4 cups).
- Some 1-1/2-quart slow cookers include variable heat settings; others offer only one standard (low) setting. The 1-1/2-quart slow cooker recipes in this book were only tested on the low-heat setting, if one was present.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 295,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 50,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (IU) 97,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 104,
- calcium (mg) 141,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet