If you love coconut, try this easy chocolate and coconut dessert recipe everyone will love.
- Yields: 24 bars
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 40 mins to 45 mins 350°F
- Cool: 10 mins
cup packed brown sugar
cups coarsely chopped pecans
cup flaked coconut
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle pecans and coconut over hot crust. For filling:
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Carefully pour over pecans and coconut, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until caramels are melted. Drizzle caramel mixture over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.