- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
cups all-purpose flour
tsp. baking soda
cup butter, cut up
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Nonstick cooking or baking spray
cup coarsely crushed candy canes (about 10)
to 4 cups vanilla ice cream
cup whipping cream, beaten to stiff peaks
1. For the No-Fuss Brownies, preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan combine butter, water, and cocoa powder. Bring just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cocoa mixture to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
3. Coat a 2 1/2-inch round cutter with cooking spray. Cut out 20 brownie circles (clean and recoat cutter as needed). Set aside until ready to assemble trifles.
4. TRIFLE ASSEMBLY
LAYER 1 In 10 straight-side glasses or tumblers, each about 3 inches in diameter, place one brownie circle.
LAYER 2 Sprinkle on some of the crushed candy.
LAYER 3 Top with 1/3-cup scoop of ice cream.
LAYER 4 Top ice cream with another brownie circle.
LAYER 5 Top with whipped cream, additional crushed candy, and mint.
- Servings Per Recipe 10 servings
- Total Fat (g)24
- Saturated Fat (g)15,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g)7,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1,
- Cholesterol (mg)104,
- Sodium (mg)306,
- Carbohydrate (g)72,
- Total Sugar (g)55,
- Fiber (g)1,
- Protein (g)5,
- Vitamin C (DV%)1,
- Calcium (DV%)9,
- Iron (DV%)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet