- Makes: 30 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Stand: 2 hrs
Ancho Chile Truffles
cups whipping cream
tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
tablespoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon cayenne pepper
pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
cups unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, the 1 tablespoon ancho chile pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat; cover saucepan and let mixture stand for 2 hours.
- Reheat cream mixture over medium heat just until boiling. Add chocolate pieces. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is perfectly smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a parchment- or waxed paper-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Chill for 2 to 4 hours or until set.
- Using a 1-inch scoop or a measuring tablespoon, scoop chocolate mixture into balls (about 30 balls). Quickly roll balls between palms of your hands to smooth the surface. Place on waxed paper. If necessary, chill for 5 to 10 minutes to set up.
- In a small bowl combine cocoa powder and the 1-1/2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper. Roll balls in cocoa mixture to coat well. Place balls on a parchment- or waxed paper-lined baking sheet and chill until serving time, up to 2 hours.* If chilled longer than 30 minutes, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Ancho Chile Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 132 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 49 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCandy Recipes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Ethnic Recipes, Fudge Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts