- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
1. In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, the 1 tablespoon ancho chile pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat; cover saucepan and let mixture stand for 2 hours.
2. Reheat cream mixture over medium heat just until boiling. Add chocolate pieces. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is perfectly smooth.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into a parchment- or waxed paper-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Chill for 2 to 4 hours or until set.
4. Using a 1-inch scoop or a measuring tablespoon, scoop chocolate mixture into balls (about 30 balls). Quickly roll balls between palms of your hands to smooth the surface. Place on waxed paper. If necessary, chill for 5 to 10 minutes to set up.
5. In a small bowl combine cocoa powder and the 1-1/2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper. Roll balls in cocoa mixture to coat well. Place balls on a parchment- or waxed paper-lined baking sheet and chill until serving time, up to 2 hours.* If chilled longer than 30 minutes, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings Per Recipe 30,
- cal. (kcal) 132,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 17,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 12,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 49,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet