- For pastry, in a small saucepan heat and stir the sweet baking chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly (10 to 15 minutes). In a medium mixing bowl beat the melted chocolate, cream cheese, and the 1/3 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in the flour until combined. If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 30 balls. Press each ball into the bottoms and up the sides of thirty 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Set aside.
- For filling, in a medium microwave-safe bowl combine semisweet chocolate pieces, corn syrup, granulated sugar, the 1 tablespoon butter, the cocoa powder, coffee crystals, and salt. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the egg, egg yolk, and, if desired, rum. Spoon filling evenly into pastry-lined cups and top each with a walnut half.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until filling is just set. Cool tassies in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool. If desired, dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Place tassies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Walnut Tassies)
- Per serving:
- 122 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 56 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Tlibarian 589 Days Ago
I followed the directions exactly and they came out perfect! So rich and yummy!