- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 cups dried French bread cubes*
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 recipe Coffee-Kahlua Cream Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and walnuts.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Using the back of a large spoon, gently press down on bread mixture to moisten.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking. Cool slightly. Serve warm with Coffee-Kahlua Cream Sauce.
- For dried bread cubes, cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Spread cubes in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dried, stirring twice; cool.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur or water
1. In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add cream, coffee, and liqueur. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Drizzle sauce over bread pudding.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 455,
- Fat, total (g) 22,
- chol. (mg) 103,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 56,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (IU) 534,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 175,
- calcium (mg) 121,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet