Chocolate-Walnut Bread Pudding with Coffee-Kahlua Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and walnuts.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Using the back of a large spoon, gently press down on bread mixture to moisten.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking. Cool slightly. Serve warm with Coffee-Kahlua Cream Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For dried bread cubes, cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Spread cubes in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dried, stirring twice; cool.
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add cream, coffee, and liqueur. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Drizzle sauce over bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Walnut Bread Pudding with Coffee-Kahlua Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 103 mg chol.,
- 175 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet