- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 2 4-inch waffles
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: Per waffle baker directions
Chocolate Waffles with Mocha Syrup
ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
teaspoons baking powder
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
cup whipping cream
tablespoons coffee liqueur
cups vanilla ice cream
- In a medium saucepan combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add batter to a preheated, lightly greased regular or Belgian waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, for mocha syrup, in a small saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and coffee liqueur. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve waffles warm with ice cream and mocha syrup.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Waffles with Mocha Syrup)
- Per serving:
- 839 kcal cal.,
- 57 g fat
- (35 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 192 mg chol.,
- 518 mg sodium,
- 79 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 53 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet