- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 scones
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 14 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream and egg white. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chunks. Add sour cream-chocolate mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by folding and gently pressing dough for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chunks in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 minute. Stir; microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 30 to 60 seconds more or until melted and smooth, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over warm scones. Serve scones warm.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Scones)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 143 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet