- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 6 cookies
- Yields: about 145 cookies.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Bake: 5 mins to 6 mins 350°F per batch
cup packed brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg, cocoa powder, cinnamon, coffee powder, and salt until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and the chopped chocolate. Divide dough into three equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 10- to 12-inch-long roll (about 1 inch in diameter). Wrap rolls in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 2 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1/2 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until light brown and set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate. Let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer undrizzled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Drizzle with melted chocolate before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Espresso Coins)
- Per serving:
- 109 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 86 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet